Who is this guy and what the heck does he know about Software AG’s Adabas and Natural? I’ll show you in the pre-episode zero of the Legacy Coder Podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Introduction to the podcast and myself
- My experience with Adabas and Natural.
- I’m programming with Natural since 2003.
- I’m the president of the International Natural User Group since 2016.
- I co-authored NatUnit (as part of my Master’s thesis) and L4N.
- My main job is integrating Adabas/Natural into a modern SOA with webMethods Integration Server.
- In the last few months I automated and modernized the Natural build process with Git, Jenkins, Java, and NaturalONE.
- My biggest Natural project so far was the migration of an insurance system from Oracle/Java to Adabas/Natural.
- I frequently speak at local and international user groups and conferences (e.g. Innovation World, Innovation Tour, IUG).
- Our Natural code base: ~6 million LOC, ~19.000 modules.
- My professional experience.
- I studied business computer science (Bachelor’s degree) and software engineering (Master’s degree).
- I train new hires and apprentices at ALTE OLDENBURGER Krankenversicherung AG in Germany.
- I also use a few additional languages: Java, C#, PHP, Ruby.
- I’m a software architect since 2014.
- I work as an associate professor for programming and software engineering at PHWT since 2009.
- My personal life.
- I’m married.
- I have two dogs.
- I like taking photos.
- I run a podcast for aspiring software developers in German.
- I organize my own user group and conference for software developers.
- You can find me almost everywhere: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Permalink for this Podcast episode
- RSS feed for the Legacy Coder Podcast
- My content hub
- ALTE OLDENBURGER Krankenversicherung AG
- My two dogs
- My podcast: Anwendungsentwickler-Podcast
- My user group and software conference SEROM
- Some of my social media profiles: LinkedIn, Xing, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube.
- Here’s a video about my work at ALTE OLDENBURGER Krankenversicherung AG: